Baby Names

My chemistry teacher one time came to class with her daughter. She said, "Class I want you to meet my daughter, Chlorine." My classmates and I began to snicker. We wondered whether her other children are named Fluorine, Bromine, Iodine and Astatine, and that, in fact, their family name is actually "Halogen".

In college, I found out that one physics professor named his children after atomic particles and subparticles. At least I'm sure that one of his children is named Atom.

It's quite amusing how some people name their children after things related to their field of work. With this blog entry, I would like to suggest names for babies, depending on the field of interest or work of the parents. The list is not exhaustive (of course!). Feel free to give your own suggestions.


Is your field not here?
Well, why not make a comment and add your suggestions!

*****
Like Asymptotes on Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/Asymptotes
Follow Asymptotes on Blogger: Join Asymptotes Blogger site
Follow Asymptotes on Twitter: @_asymptotes_

Comments